CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Have you read...

23 Minutes in Hell.?

I did earlier this week. I did not buy this book it was free.

I was intrigued that the Lord would purposely send someone to the firey depths to help spread His message or draw attention to His word. I don't doubt this could've happened but it is also unbelievable. I only say that it is unbelievable because it is not heard of as much as going to heaven only to be told that it is not your time. I guess it is more believable I should say of hearing about time spent in heaven than in hell.

When I first saw this book months ago I thought someone just wanted to write a book and claim that they had went to hell because of the book 90 minutes in Heaven.

The accounts that the auther of 23 minutes seemed very realistic and gave several Scripture verses to reference hell (and what he experienced)....like there are 150 verses that talk about hell in some aspect (did you know that because I didn't) and the author lists several verses in the appendix.

I have so much running through my mind now and it is hard to sort it out and to even explain more of this book. One question you may be asking is "was the author a believer" yes since 1970. The author stated that while in hell he did not know the Lord and that was because it was hidden from him so that he could experience the hopelessness of the lost souls.

Do I believe? Yes and no....yes because God can do anything he wants and no only because like I stated earlier it is more believeable to hear of accounts of going to heaven. Do I want God to prove it to me? No, not really because as I was reading this book I could visualize and almost feel the agony of what was happeing. I wanted to cry. I felt compelled to read this book...don't know why. Now that I have read it I hold no regrets. Whether the story is real or not does not matter what does matter is the Scripture references to the description of sheol..am I right?

No comments: