Thursday, May 17, 2007
Lesson Learned
On Tuesday storms passed through the area causing a lot of damage. A couple of trees are down in the woods here and some large limbs were knocked out of the trees into the yard. I only wish that I had gotten pictures before the clean-up here. I was to head to work that evening and things were going great except I noticed that some semis were headed down a side road and to be honest I did not think more about it. I got close to the highway and saw that they were detouring traffic I motioned that I could go straight to get to my destination. I continue down the road thinking that I would just cut across on the state road...wrong. I get almost 4 miles when I get stopped again. The firefighter told me what was going on the highway detour was due to an accident that a child got hurt in (that child got lifelined to a hospital in Indianapolis) and the detour that is now ahead of me was because of downed power lines. The thing is this nice firefighter had me going around the block to only end up right at the downed power lines so I had to turn around again. I was late for work but I called in saying that I was on my way if I could find a way. I spent 30 mins driving around what should have been a country block to get to work. So now the next time I see a semi cutting down a side road it would be best to follow. Lesson Learned
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment