I was not truly sure of a title so that is what I could best come up with.
I have been speaking to a couple of friends at work about going back to get my RN schooling and liscense. I had been working on it through The College Network however with the grief that I was receiving I decided that it was best to quit that and try another avenue. I had received a letter back in March from IVY Tech of Wabash Valley (Terre Haute) stating that they are working with Indiana State University for LPN to BS. I'm in the process of asking a few questions before I proceed with that. I am even thinking that I might re talk with IVY Tech in Lafayette about even getting my Associates through them. I was only thinking about online classes so that I would not have to quit work to go back to school. I believe that this is the calling that I am receiving from God. I can also hear my dad saying "Why didn't you do this in the first place?" The answer stems way back to high school....guidance counselors then did not push Ivy Tech just the universities; I got upset with the dept. head when I did decide to go back to school to get my nursing because she was talking out both sides of her mouth. I am now a few years older and hopefully a little more level headed to get this done. Do not get me wrong I like my job but I do not see any advancement working in a nursing home with my LPN. My dream is to one day work in surgery....of course to do that I need my RN at least.
I have to thank my friend and coworker Janel for encouraging me to watch one of the best movies that I have seen in a while. I watched Facing the Giants I cried for the entire length of the movie and not just silent tears but full fledged sobs. The whole theme is that "With God all things are possible"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment