Ok here it goes.....
My first night at the new job was my last night at the new job. I literally left in tears this morning (something that I have never done). I went into this new experience/challenge with an open mind; however, that was to change throughout the course of the night. I went into the facility explained who I was it started and just snowballed. "Oh are you the one from Delphi?" "Well, we've been anticipating your arrival the girl that is orientating you said that you should be orientating her" at that time I did not know exactly what that meant but I soon found out. I go to the unit that I am to work on and that's when my first clue of the upcoming nightmare started. I was 30 min late on my first day of work (I was not told that my shift actually started at 10:30)..ugh! I figured since I work 11-7 that I was to report to work at 11p. I am just going to jump ahead now some. I think I did feel a bit overwhelmed to be honest and I made a comment just don't ask me what it was (no it was not bad...I just cannot remember, but the nurse training me suddenly started making references that I was there saving them and making references again to my much anticipated arrival. I was lifted so high up on this pedestal like I was set up to fail. I finally said "You're making me out to be the Messiah" which depends on how you look at it was a an appropriate response or a nonappropriate response. The nurse said that she wouldn't take it that far; however, with the comments made.... Anyway, I am not a prideful or boastful person I actually question my abilities as a nurse and I really do not like being lifted up in such high regards when I really don't deserve it or know what I am doing. Fast forward... I had to show this nurse how to send someone to the ER and how to chart it. Why am I showing them how to do things when I am the one who is orientating?
So let's fast forward again. I quit the new job and have back my old job; however, it has now caused strife with a friend/co-worker because she had signed up for extra shifts and now because I am back full time they called and canceled her shifts. I apologized profusely and even told her that I told the scheduler not to take any shifts away from anybody....so I guess I might be in some hot water. I don't know if she truly accepted my apology.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment