Well for starters it is about 1:15am Tuesday and I have been up since about 6:45am Monday to get ready for the zoo with my ABF class (the handful that attended today). I must apologize that I do not have a group picture to show who went.
Things were mighty dandy until I got home. I found out that my great aunt died at 4:30 in the morning. We've been expecting her to die and actually it should have happened maybe 2 weeks ago. Long story to explain here. Then later in the evening a phone call comes from the nursing home that my grandpa is in. Things don't sound too bad and I say well if any changes call. Well then my cousin goes and visits and says that we need to get there. My grandpa had taken a turn for the worse. He was having trouble breathing and such and his blood pressure kept dropping. At maybe 11:15pm my grandpa passes away. My mom lost it and her blood pressure skyrocketed and she got a horrible headache. I thought she was going to stroke out on me. I got her to lay down in the empty bed gave her some medicine an eventually got her blood pressure down. I thought I was going to have to take her to the ER. I'm so thankful that I did not have to do that. So now after having 4 days off I now have three bereavement days which means I do not go back to work until next week.
Pete and I pet a dog shark (which I will tell my 6 yr old nephew that it does exist) and I must add that was quite interesting. I saved Wendy from a blue butterfly (it liked her blue shirt). I sat in the splash zone at the dolphin show and did not get that wet (our dolphin was a bit lazy).
I know that this probably a male elephant, but can you believe that elephants expect their calves for 22 months. I glad people don't have to expect that long. Though it might cause some to rethink about having kids in the first place.
Things were mighty dandy until I got home. I found out that my great aunt died at 4:30 in the morning. We've been expecting her to die and actually it should have happened maybe 2 weeks ago. Long story to explain here. Then later in the evening a phone call comes from the nursing home that my grandpa is in. Things don't sound too bad and I say well if any changes call. Well then my cousin goes and visits and says that we need to get there. My grandpa had taken a turn for the worse. He was having trouble breathing and such and his blood pressure kept dropping. At maybe 11:15pm my grandpa passes away. My mom lost it and her blood pressure skyrocketed and she got a horrible headache. I thought she was going to stroke out on me. I got her to lay down in the empty bed gave her some medicine an eventually got her blood pressure down. I thought I was going to have to take her to the ER. I'm so thankful that I did not have to do that. So now after having 4 days off I now have three bereavement days which means I do not go back to work until next week.





1 comment:
I'm so sorry about your Grandpa Diana! I'll be praying for you and your family!
Post a Comment